How many calories should a normal snack contain for weight control ?
The number of calories in a snack that is appropriate for weight loss can vary depending on several factors, such as your age, gender, weight, height, activity level, and weight loss goals. However, as a general guideline, a healthy snack for weight loss should be around 100-200 calories.
Here are some examples of healthy snacks that are around 100-200 calories:
- A small apple with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (about 160 calories)
- A hard-boiled egg and a small piece of fruit, like a clementine or a handful of berries (about 150 calories)
- A small container of plain Greek yogurt with a handful of berries or sliced banana (about 100-150 calories)
- A handful of raw almonds or other nuts (about 100-150 calories)
- A small piece of cheese and a few whole-grain crackers (about 150-200 calories)
Remember that the key to weight loss is creating a calorie deficit, which means consuming fewer calories than your body burns each day. Snacks can be a great way to help you manage hunger and cravings between meals, but they should be part of an overall healthy eating plan that emphasizes nutrient-dense, whole foods and balances calorie intake with physical activity.
FILL OUT THE FORM FOR A FREE PT WORKOUT